Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
(Psssst. I also write reviews of movies, books, and Asian drama over on my review blog: remaaarkable.dreamwidth.org.)
I hurt my back cleaning out my closet today and it HURTS. SO. MUCH.
I iced it and took some ibuprofen but it still huuuuurts. Think I might go to sleep super early despite not getting any of the work done I had planned on today.
Still one of my favorite kmovies of all time, and not just because it’s super sexy.
There are these two parallel scenes between Kim Ah Joong with her boyfriend and earlier with Ji Sung, where she asks them to stop—Ji Sung stops once he hears what she’s saying, but her boyfriend doesn’t and she ends up having to physically shove him off her. It was such a subtle thing, to parallel these two moments. I’m not used to films dealing with consent in such a normal, clear way—I’m surprised every time I see it.
"Show Me Your Panty" also gets stuck in my head ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It’s so catchy, and Ji Sung’s voice is made for gruff rock.
1. Only you can write this.
2. You were born to write this.
3. People need you to write this.
4. The world is waiting for you to finish this.
5. One day, someone will tell you how much they needed to read this.
6. You can write anything you set your mind to.
7. This has a glimmer of brilliance in it.
8. The crappy words will fall away in revision.
9. My vision of the world matters.
10. I see people in a new way.
You don’t need to believe that this is going to be a bestseller. You don’t need to believe that you’re going to be a household name. You don’t need to believe that someday people will study your book in college. But you do have to work to counteract the relentless voice of defeat in your head that says:
1. No one will ever read this.
2. I am banging my head against the wall here.
3. Who am I to think I could be a writer?
4. My father/mother/partner is right. I should give up.
5. I don’t know how to do this. I never learned. No one ever taught me.
6. My voice doesn’t matter.
7. My experience is too different from anyone else’s to connect with readers.
8. I don’t know what happens next.
9. I feel too exposed. I want to hide and protect myself more.
10. I can’t expect anyone to pay me for this when they can get so many other things for free.
God I miss my cats.
I mean I miss my boyfriend, and my family, and my friends, too. Being apart from them sucks.
BUT ALL THAT COULD BE AVOIDED WITH ONE OF MY KITTIES TO CUDDLE.
Page 1 of 273